Why Did You Fail? Revisiting The Fundamentals in Your Digital Media Strategy
Running a business means having to deal with not just making sure your operations are optimized to meet your sales targets, but ensuring your marketing is equipped to handle modern trends and practices in the industry to increase your brand’s appeal. In theory, this shouldn’t be a difficult thing to manage to do. However, in reality, getting yourself a “successful” digital marketing strategy is indeed an exercise in resource management, goal and expectations setting, and consistency in execution. Regardless of these perceived hardships, however, will be the potential to actually get yourself on top of the branding game. In this Business Marketing Review 101, you’ll explore how to make a successful digital marketing strategy.
It might perhaps help to look at this with a few statistics. It’s noted that more than 4-billion people have gone digital, 3.7-billion of those use the internet via mobile, and 3-billion of those are users of social media. In the United States alone, 26-percent of its adults are almost always on the internet.
If you ever plan on relying on digital marketing, it helps to know the bare basics. For instance, you ought to get your content and websites optimized as 95-percent of people actually only ever bother looking at the first page of search results. Not to mention content with visuals actually get more views, with 40-percent of millennials have an inclination towards video content.
These are just some of the numbers you should be aware of which can be of use while formulating your digital marketing strategy. Taking those numbers into account and working a strategy around them can greatly put you in an advantage.
Digital Marketing Strategy: Making It Work For Your Business
With the statistics above taken into consideration, it’s important to remember that you should start looking into better opportunities to maximize your brand’s marketing potential. This can be best done by analyzing your current data, reading and researching through resources such as journalreview.org business articles, and being concrete with your company’s goals. Here are other ways you could approach your digital marketing strategy:
- Be aware of how you want your brand to appear: It’s important you start your digital marketing strategy with perhaps the most important element first – your branding. Your digital marketing campaign hinges on how you want your brand to appear to your audiences, and as such this has to be clear first. What message or value do you want your audiences and customers to see from your brand? This not only forms the core values of your company, but this pretty much sets up the psychological “image” you want to be projected onto the minds of consumers. This is important, as this subjective point is often overlooked by a lot of marketers, which result in messy marketing.
- Get your voice through with style, imagery, iconography: Building on your brand’s value is to make sure there exists a basic “structure” that should be consistent throughout your branding. Your brand’s color scheme, iconography, and writing “style” should be persistent and consistent throughout everything you release, as this solidifies your value with physical and perceivable concepts. As such, you should decide early on how you want these to appear to others, and how you think you can amplify brand recognition by using these in your materials.
- Assess the kind of budget, resources you have for your strategy: There are a ton of digital marketing strategies available for you to use, and the extent of their efficiency for your brand really depends on how much time and effort you’re willing to commit and the budget you currently possess. You shouldn’t spend on a marketing campaign you’re not sure of, and you shouldn’t pursue a campaign you don’t have a budget for. Make an assessment to the kind of resources you have, be it budget, manpower, and skill sets your team has. Analyze these carefully so you can be pointed towards the direction of a campaign you can actually get to perform. For instance, you can’t perform a social media campaign if you operate primarily off a website.
- Goals matter for all campaigns to succeed: Another important element for your digital marketing strategy is to first make sure you’re aware of the kind of goals you want to accomplish. Digital marketing thrusts succeed depending on your goals, as the approach needed is always different depending on your needs. For instance, if you want more followers or readers, it’s best you pursue both a social media and a content strategy. If you want better conversions and sales, you might want to get yourself a lead generation campaign.
- Make sure you get all the basics set up for easier adjustments: Another integral part of setting up a good digital marketing strategy is to make sure you get all the basics set up. Aside from a website, make sure you assess the kind of social media platforms your brand can work best in, and make accounts for those. Keep those updated with regular content releases, and make sure your content always prioritizes what’s relevant to your customers.
- Start researching on potential clients: One factor you shouldn’t forget while formulating your strategy is to start researching and communicating with potential partners and clients. This is especially important if you want a more sales-focused approach, as you’ll need to make good pitches about the value of your product to clients that might be interested in availing your service. Regardless if this is a marketing priority or not, having clients at the ready for contact is still a good measure.
- Always make sure there’s room for assessment, evaluation, adaptation: Another extremely important part of a successful digital marketing strategy is to ensure you have systems in place that allow you to assess your previous, current, and future marketing thrusts. This can be in the form of a trusted analytics software, regular performance reviews, or regular submission of reports. The point of this matter is to make sure your team is always aware of what’s happening to the brand, and that adjustments could easily be made as needed to help boost yourself up in your market.
The Takeaway: The Right Digital Marketing For Your Business
When you want your business to flourish in today’s flexible digital market, you’ve got to tap into your business potential for digital marketing. This might be overwhelming at first, especially if your previous efforts on the matter didn’t exactly bring in the kind of returns you were expecting. However, with the above tips put into consideration, you’re at least going to be one step ahead towards your goal of a successful digital marketing strategy. Remember, gather the highlights from the above you think you can implement in your system and assess its compatibility with your current brand. It’s essential you study your current branding first and how you want to approach your company’s future endeavors so your digital marketing approach can have a much better chance of success.