72 Reasons Why Is SEO Still Relevant in 2018 (Infographic)
Search engine optimization (SEO) is without any doubt one of the most valuable digital marketing tools. Over the years, it has gone through some changes that have affected the way businesses use their websites.
Despite some people’s belief that SEO is gradually losing its impact, many studies show the opposite. The infographic below highlights the key parts of SEO and its continued growth in the future.
For starters, organic search, which is a website’s top source of traffic, is currently at its best. In fact, SEO Tribunals’s report shows that 43% of consumers carry out an online search of products while in a store, and a total of 43% of website traffic was driven by search rankings in the 3rd quarter of 2017.
This statistic is in line with the statistic that 70% to 80% of people ignore paid search results, choosing to only click on organic results.
By ignoring the allure of paid ads, it is evident that consumers trust organic search results, thus increasing the chances of a brand getting seen by potential consumers.
In the future, consumers will use voice search more for online searches and there will be the need for marketers to make their websites mobile friendly, as currently 58% of searches come from mobile devices.
Whether you believe in the power of SEO or not, there is no doubt that if employed properly, your brand visibility and sales will increase. If you need to be convinced, here are a few points to keep in mind:
- Every day, technological improvements are making it easier to search for brands and stores.
- Marketers are becoming increasingly satisfied with the results after the use of SEO to push their brands.
- When paired with other methods of digital marketing, SEO tends to produce more significant results.
- Monetary provision dedicated to SEO is expected to grow until 2020.
- People are becoming increasingly dependent on searches to make decisions about brands and products.
- Consumers trust organic search results more than paid advertisements.
- The infographic below provides more facts and figures as to why SEO is still very relevant in 2018.